Thursday, December 01, 2005
Well, the Christmas carols are in full swing now on two Philly radio stations. All Christmas music, all the time, Philly's #1 radio station - blah, blah, blah. Actually, one of these 2 stations have been airing carols since the end of October. How sick is that?!

But, now that Turkey Day 2005 is history, I am slowly getting on board the Christmas train. I copied a bunch of my holiday CD's into my iTunes and downloaded them into my iPod so I can listen at work. I need to do a bunch more though. I need more variety.

Driving home from the train station after work today, I was trying to think of my favorite holiday tunes. You know, the special ones that make me turn up the radio and sing out loud. The ones that really get me in the mood for the holidays.

Here's the top 5 I came up with (in no particular order):

Have a Holly Jolly Christmas - Burl Ives only
It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - Andy Williams only
Do You Hear What I Hear? - any version
Gloria -- preferably a choir version
Little Drummer Boy -- any version

So, what are YOUR favorites?
Carolers
 
posted by Sue at 2:20 PM |


10 Comments:


At 8:12 PM, Blogger Tina

We were just discussing this at work today ~ our fav Christmas songs. My top 2 are: "Santa Baby" and "Carol of the Bells".

 

At 5:19 AM, Blogger Cara

To get your toes tapping, "Jingle Bell Rock" and "Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree" are always fun.

Cara

 

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Sherri

I love some of the sad ones like "Christmas Carol" about the little orphan girl and "The Shoes". (Nothing like a Christmas song that makes you cry like a baby!) My fav has to be "O Holy Night" by John Berry. My fav to sing in church is Gloria.

 

At 1:06 PM, Blogger Sheryl

due to the recent snowfall...

"It's beginning to look alot like Christams"

 

At 1:07 PM, Blogger Sheryl

I meant...
"It's beginning to look alot like Christmas"

 

At 9:41 PM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara

May I be the Bah Hum Bug here??? i hate xmas music!! LOVE CHRISTMAS. in fact, its my fav holiday...but hate the tunes. LOL...

 

At 1:42 PM, Blogger jill

Hey Sue! I see you have been visiting my blog...Thank You!
Just wanted to stop by and say hello.
As far as the christmas songs...yeah, don't really have any that I like. Oh, yeah...except for Bon Jovi's "Please Come For Christmas". Not sure if that is a true Christmas song or not. Hmmm..

 

At 8:58 AM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara

yo!!!! new blog entry please!!!!

and i saw what you wrote on Bob's yesterday!

YOU ARE NOT GIVING UP!!!! don't me come there and freeze my ass off because i have to kick yours!! ;-)

now...go do some exercise and drink your water!! NOW!! DO IT!!!

 

At 8:59 AM, Blogger Scarlett O'Hara

"don't make me"....geez! damn fingers can't type!

 

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sheryl

Seeing as Mike works 13 hours days this time of year, my favorite carol is...
"All I want for Christmas, is you."