Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Pilgrim



Happy T-Day to all my fellow Bloggers! We have been through alot of ups and downs over the past few months and I think that we should all celebrate with some good food, some fine wine and good company. Ok, for most of us, it would probably be more fun if WE all got together instead of with our various eccentric family members, but we'll have to do our best!Happy

Chris and I did the big grocery shopping trip last night. He was not happy about it since I was home all day, but the weather was crap and I always enjoy taking him with me. He actually likes to go, but if he's tired, he is less than enthused. Anyway, it was relatively painless. We were able to get the size turkey that we wanted and there was practically nobody in the store. Cool beans! I will be making some things ahead of time today - apple pie and sweet potato casserole. No, they are not health-friendly, but Turkey Day is not supposed to be healthy. I don't care what they say in the diet mags.

As for the second half of my post title - a compliment. I wanted to write about this last week when it happened, but just didn't get around to it. I wasn't feeling too well and really today is the first day in almost 2 weeks that I've been able to breathe without coughing. Anywho, Chris and I were eating dinner last Thursday and towards the end of the meal, we were talking a bit. Actually, we do eat dinner together every night and do sit and talk which, I guess, is pretty good. So, I was talking (about what, I do not recall) and I put my arms up in the air and shook them (I guess to emphasize whatever I was saying) and noticed that his eyes were drawn to my flabby arms flapping in the breeze. I immediately put my arms down and told him to stop looking at my fat arms. And, he says "they look smaller". Huh. A compliment. From my husband. Wonders never cease. You have to understand that Chris doesn't do too well in the positive comment arena. He is more of a negative comment person. He really doesn't realize that he does it, but his father is the same way, so I guess that's where he gets it from. At any rate, I'll take whatever support, no matter how small or insignificant, that I can get from him.

I already told Chris that I want to start cleaning out the basement this weekend. He is off from work on Friday (paid holiday) so we are going to take it easy and go to the movies. We'll need the rest after entertaining all day Thursday. Then, we really need to get started on our basement project. He agreed since he wants to get his home gym setup. His doctor told him that he needs to lose 20 lbs to help with his high blood pressure and cholestoral. In fact, he was just complaining last night that he weighed himself and he's 206 lbs. He has never been over 200 lbs since I've known him, but he gets lazy about food as well, plus he's 42 and I guess his metabolism is slowing down.

Yeah, I know -- excuses, excuses.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! See you on the other side!
 
posted by Sue at 7:22 AM |


2 Comments:


At 3:09 PM, Blogger Sheryl

Happy Thanksgiving Dear & hope your basement project gets off the ground.

Great NSV! See - these men can cough one up when they make an effort. My DH recently said my ass is getting smaller - in some way I know there is a compliment in there!

 

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Bob

Sue, I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. One thing about many of us guys is that we suck at giving compliments. He did alright though because it made you feel good.

Good luck on the basement project. That home gym could be perfect for you both.