Saturday, November 01, 2008
Today, my husband told me that he wants a divorce. No discussion. No trying to work on it. Nothing. His mind is made up and there is no changing it. I'm not going to beg.

I want to give our relationship a chance. I want to be a different person. Not because he wants me to be different, but because I want to be different. I know that things have been hard in recent years, but my thoughts were how to approach him about meeting with a marriage counselor. We are the worst communicators..................ever.

He decided after 2-3 therapy sessions that he KNOWS that I will not change and is unwilling to even try to work through our differences.

I wish that I could see the future as clearly as he does.
 
posted by Sue at 7:01 PM |


2 Comments:


At 5:46 PM, Blogger Sherri

I'm sorry Sue! It's so hard when the other person makes the choice then won't even discuss it with you! Been there! Hang in there! Maybe this is your chance to be truly happy...you know all that bs about one door closing and another one opening...you never know...sometimes it actually happens?? Keep your chin up.

 

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Emily

I'm so sorry Sue. I can imagine how hard that is. As Sherri said, I hope that this ends up turning into a positive for you. Take care of yourself and do things that make you happy. Hang in there.