Monday, May 29, 2006
While I do not know anyone who has died in a war or while actively serving in the military, I have been taught by my father and continue to this day to honor and remember those who have willingly (and not so willingly) served the United States of America on foreign soil to protect the basic human right of freedom.

My childhood friend's husband, Dan, is an active member of the U.S. Army and is currently spending one year as a military consultant assisting the Saudi Arabian National Guard. While he won't be near any of the war zone, he is still spending one full year away from his wife and three kids. Peace to you, Dan, and you are in my prayers. And, Barb -- you, Tatiana, Natalie and Dominic are also on my mind and in my heart. Be strong.

God Bless America!

Arlington Cemetery

Yes, I said GOD BLESS AMERICA!
 
posted by Sue at 7:54 AM |


5 Comments:


At 8:07 AM, Blogger jay lassiter

Nice to see a lot of bloggers marking the day.
I just noticed you're in Hatfield PA. I'm closeby in Cherry Hill, nj.
is it burning up thre yet?
it's scorching here!

 

At 9:29 AM, Blogger Mick & Cathy

Hi Sue,
Thanks for your comments on my blog.

I believe your father is correct we all have a duty to remember those who serve our countries.

 

At 11:09 AM, Blogger Phats

Hi there just stopped by saw you on some other blogs I read.

Hope your friend's husband's year goes quickly and he can get back home to his family. I have a few good friends in battle over there.

 

At 11:23 PM, Blogger Phats

You still celebrating memorial day? haha :)

 

At 7:04 PM, Blogger Bear

I never servered, but my dad and several members of my family have and do (my niece is in the army at the moment). Thanks for posting this.